Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
juz_far
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Farrow

Cannot remove Linux server after EXi 5 upgrade

Post by juz_far »

Hi

We recently upgraded a site from ESX 4.0 to ESXi 5.0. We didn't realise that our ESX hosts had been connected to the Veeam server via the Linux Server direct connection instead of via vSphere Standalone server. When we attempt to connect to the hosts we receive the following issue
'failed to login to "x.x.x.x" by SSH, port 22, user root, elevateToRoot False, autoSudo False User Authentication failed'

This is fine as I realise we cannot SSH to the console anymore as it does't exist in ESXi 5.0 and this has been resolved by adding the servers as vSphere Standalone systems.

We do have an issue where we cannot remove the systems with the Servers menu item now. It does not appear to do anything when I right click the system and select 'Remove Server'.

Does anyone have a method that could be used to remove the servers. I think we may have to remove the records direct from the Veeam DB but thought I would check first.

thanks.
juz_far
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Justin Farrow

Re: Cannot remove Linux server after EXi 5 upgrade

Post by juz_far »

No luck. According to Tech Support you need to edit the DB directly and remove the hosts from the dbo.hosts table.