Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
theviking84
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: David Dunworthy

case 06022041

Post by theviking84 »

We use vmware cloud on AWS and have their cloud firewall inside the VMC environment. It has RPC as a detected application in Windows.

We upgraded from V11a to V12 and now guest interaction runs through its checks and falls back to VIX. The normal RPC does not work.

We found in the logs in the firewall that some rpc requests (high number ports) are being denied. This worked fine in v11a and immediately changed in v12 and causes our job to take 3x longer, as 20 min per vm is being spent on guest interaction now.

I'm looking to find out from devs/product team if anything in rpc/guest interaction proxy has changed because there were no changes in our vmc firewall and yet this is now happening.

We are working with support but most advice so far has been generic. We have isolated the issue here but it really seems something changed in Veeam v12 for rpc.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: case 06022041

Post by PetrM »

Hi David,

I've just asked our support team leaders to prioritize your request. Also, I'll discuss this issue with my colleagues and will update the topic if I have some information to share.

Thanks!