ChannelError:ConnectionReset

VMware specific discussions

Re: ChannelError:ConnectionReset

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:23 pm

You can ask your support engineer to escalate the case. BTW, does this issue happen if you switch to network backup mode only?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby 0zzY » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:08 am

Vitaliy S. wrote:You can ask your support engineer to escalate the case. BTW, does this issue happen if you switch to network backup mode only?

Hi Vitaliy, this night i have setup my secondary backup proxy to work ONLY on network mode. Now backup goes successfully.
If i set backup proxy on auto, backup job switch from hot-add to newtork mode and backup fails.
0zzY
Enthusiast

Liked: 6 times
Full Name: 0zzy

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 am

Ok, seems like it is indeed an issue with hotadd mode. Let's see what your support engineers say after escalation.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby 0zzY » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 pm 1 person likes this post

After disable automount on bacakup proxy http://www.veeam.com/kb1882 , backup jobs are working fine from last week.
0zzY
Enthusiast

Liked: 6 times
Full Name: 0zzy

Veeam Logoby bbricker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:17 pm

I get the "Error: ChannelError: ConnectionReset" message randomly on a failed job on random vm's about once a week. When the job retries with that one vm, it always completes fine. I already had automount disabled.

What is also interesting is that doing a search of that error brings up a Veeam article about Patch 3 for 6.5 where it says it was fixed
http://www.veeam.com/kb1751

Resolved Issues
VMware
• Backup jobs may fail with the error "ChannelError: ConnectionReset"
bbricker
Enthusiast

Liked: 11 times

Veeam Logoby foggy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Such issues can have different nature, though report similar error message. That's why it is always recommended to investigate more closely through support.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1079 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

[MERGED] ChannelError: ConnectionReset

Veeam Logoby rikH » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 pm

I had a couple of backup jobs fail with the following error message. Processing VMXXX Error: ChannelError: ConnectionReset
They did however succeed on the retry.

Can anybody explain what channel error is. For example does it mean I have had a network or SAN disturbance or is it a general message that makes it unclear to whatever the cause is? I don't have a history of these messages and the backups completed ok in the retry but I wondered if I can glean any clues here for things to proactively to check.
I have searched on this but can't say I found a real clear indication of what it is.
rikH
Service Provider

Liked: never
Full Name: RickH

Re: ChannelError: ConnectionReset

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 pm

It's hard to say what this error refers to without seeing additional debug logs. Please open a support case and let our team assist you with the required logs review. Once you do this, please post your case ID for future reference.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere