Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Configuring communication between isolated networks

Post by kacsp »

Hi,

I'm after some clarification please.

Quote from the Veeam Help: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/v ... gs_vm.html

6.To enable communication between isolated networks, select the Route network traffic between vNICs check box.

I can find little more guidance on this subject to help me...

so my question is…if I was running 2 Virtual Labs (isolated networks) at the same time, with each Lab using a different subnet, is it possible using the ‘Route network traffic between vNICs’ setting in the Proxy configuration to have computers in one Virtual Lab communicating with computers in the other Virtual Lab? Is that this function's intended purpose? If so, is there a guide or Help available on how to set this up?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Configuring communication between isolated networks

Post by foggy »

This check box acts within a single appliance only and allows to enable routing between the isolated networks created within one virtual lab. If I'm understanding right, in your case there are two vlabs, hence two appliances, which do not know how to communicate one with another.
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Post by kacsp »

OK thanks for that.

Is there any more detailed guidance available other than what's in the User Guide? The UG doesn't go into much background depth, nor illustrate with any scenarios involving setting up multiple isolated subnets to communicate together within a VL, so a pointer to any further info would be useful.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I'm not sure there's some additional documentation, however, feel free to contact our support for troubleshooting and assistance with this, if you cannot get it to work. Thanks!