Vitaliy S. wrote:You either need to use built-in local administrator (named one) or disable UAC on this server. Please review this topic for more info.
Andreas Neufert wrote:There are 2 ways to speak with the VM for InGuest processing.
RPC - The typical Windows way over the network.
VIX - Veeam connects to the ESXi hosts and opens a network less connection to the VM by using the VIX communication channel of the VMware Tools.
RPC is faster than VIX.
Veeam tries first to connect by RPC and fallback to VIX.
So if you can connect by RPC there is no need to fix the VIX connection.
To allow VIX to work you need several things:
- Actual VMware Tools installed within the VM.
- VM is running
- VIX is enabled within VMware Tools and ESXi (this is by default the case).
- DNS resolution needs to work correctly with the ESXi VMKernel interfaces (VMKernel Hostname and Domain settings needs to be inline with DNS).
For authentication within the VM you need one of the following.
a) Disabled UAC and a account that is somehow member of the local Administrator group.
b) the usage of a user with the name "Administrator" servername\administrator or domain\administrator and enabled UAC.
[20.04.2017 13:20:44] <49> Info [WinGuestConnectionProxy] Connecting to guest service via VIX, hostIp '18.104.22.168', postPort '443', hostUser 'user', vmVmx '[spbr_ssd1] THLxxxxx (6f0051d4-bee4-4684-83e0-c25d8c4f13ce)/THL-xxxxxx(6f0051d4-bee4-4684-83e0-c25d8c4f13ce).vmx', vmUser 'domain\administrator'
[20.04.2017 13:20:45] Info Connecting to host [22.214.171.124] over VIX. Login: [user].
[20.04.2017 13:21:06] Info Connecting to host [126.96.36.199] over VIX. Login: [user].. Failed.
[20.04.2017 13:21:06] Error Cannot connect to host [188.8.131.52] over VIX. Login: [spbr_veeam]. Guest Login: [domain\administrator].
[20.04.2017 13:21:06] Error Failed to open VM [[spbr_ssd1] THL-xxxxxxx (6f0051d4-bee4-4684-83e0-c25d8c4f13ce)/THL-xxxxxxx (6f0051d4-bee4-4684-83e0-c25d8c4f13ce).vmx].
[20.04.2017 13:21:06] Error VIX Error: There was an error in communication Code: 14010
Does VIX use an other TCP port then 443?
vmware technote, page 4 wrote:1. VIX client program calls a function in the VIX library.
2. VIX sends a command over a TCP connection (on port 902) to the virtual machine’s VMX process. The TCP connection for VIX guest operations goes directly to VMX on the ESXi host, bypassing the vCenter Server, and the host agent process. By contrast, virtual machine and datacenter operations are proxied by vCenter Server using SOAP/https on port 443, and relayed to the host agent.
3. VMX relays the command to VMware Tools in the guest.
4. VMware Tools has the Guest OS execute the guest operation.
Connecting to guest OS via VIX Error: Cannot upload file to admin share [C:\Windows].Cannot create folder in guest: [C:\Windows\VeeamGuestHelpersTest].VIX Error: A file was not found Code: 4
Testing admin share accessibility via VIX
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CraigV75 and 36 guests