Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mgd5
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Christer Sundqvist

Datadomain repository

Post by mgd5 »

Hi again :)

Redaing the EMC datadomain Whitepaper for using DD as a repository for veeam You can deploy a linux machine between the veeam server and the dd box.

Linux NFS Mount System Recommendations
The intermediary Linux system brokers connectivity for the NFS mount. For VMware
vSphere environments, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware (SLES 11) x64 is
recommended. This distribution is free with vSphere environments. Not only does the
SLES for VMware system provide the NFS connectivity for Veeam Backup & Replication
to write to the Data Domain controller; that system also functions as a cache. A local,
lightweight Veeam agent is installed on the SLES for VMware system and can provide
some caching for reads and writes to the backup target. This Veeam agent behavior exists
in Windows systems as well; however, you cannot connect them natively connect to NFS.

A local,
lightweight Veeam agent is installed on the SLES for VMware system and can provide
some caching for reads and writes to the backup target Where do i find this agent ??
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Datadomain repository

Post by foggy »

Christer, this agent is deployed automatically when you add this server to the Veeam B&R console as repository. Thanks!
mgd5
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Christer Sundqvist

Post by mgd5 »

Hi,

As i thought then Thanxs :)
stevenrodenburg1
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Steven Rodenburg

Post by stevenrodenburg1 »

During a backup or restore, when you start the "top" command on Linux, you can see multiple agent-processes in parallel. There are 8 of them in my case (a CentOs 6.3 Linux Repository machine).