Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

disk never begins to process on jobs

Post by bdufour »

this issue arose out of nowhere. started yesterday, but was resolved, seemingly, by doing a vsan proactive disk rebalance. added a new vm to the vsan cluster the previous day, got a warning that the disks needed to be rebalanced (happens from time to time). never seen a real impact, most of the time it resolves itself. once the i kicked off the proactive disk rebalance the jobs started processing normally. im new to vsan - does this seem correct? i dont think it was a coincidence, bc multiple jobs were affected, and all started working properly after the rebalance and the remaining jobs worked as intended. the jobs that did work during this time, were all showing the bottleneck as the source - so i would imagine this was all related to vsan.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: disk never begins to process on jobs

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Blake,

Based on what I read it feels that the issue was related to vSAN disks themselves and it should be possible to tell more after looking at the B&R and VMware logs.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Re: disk never begins to process on jobs

Post by bdufour »

if the issue resurfaces i'll def open a support case - so far everything is back to normal. thanks for the update.