Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
amoreau
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Alain Moreau

Documentation for Logs and Locations

Post by amoreau » 1 person likes this post

Where can I find documentation for what logs are available and their respective locations? For example when changing VMware ESXI credentials it was successful with a warning and said to "check log for more details"... Which log and where... So many in %programdata%; Do you have documentation of all available logs, a description of what they log, and their location. Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Documentation for Logs and Locations

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Alain. I don't believe we have such public facing documentation, unfortunately. The logs are intended for our support personnel to use, they are not customer-facing functionality. Thanks!
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Re: Documentation for Logs and Locations

Post by vmtech123 » 2 people like this post

You guys should add a Veeam Advanced Troubleshooting course (similar to VMware) that could include this and instructor assisted learning. I found the Course for VMCE to mostly show the features and capabilities of Veeam, but could have gone way more in depth on most of the topics.

I've managed to solve several issues by looking at log files and not having to create support tickets. Several times, I have put in a ticket, started digging around the logs while I waited for a call back, and had the issue resolved before being phoned. (I made sure to update my ticket to not waste Veeam's time either haha)