Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Dra60n
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Simplicjusz Smoczynski

Event 129 and 153 on Backup proxies

Post by Dra60n »

There have been events 129 and 153 appearing on our Veeam backup proxies for a few weeks. They usually appear in the Event logs during weekend when we have our full backups scheduled.

Event id 153: The IO operation at logical block address 0x1cb73818 for Disk 4 (PDO name: \Device\00000439) was retried.
Event id 129: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

Can we safely ignore this warnings or we have to take some actions?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Event 129 and 153 on Backup proxies

Post by wishr »

Hi Simplicjusz,

I would not ignore these events because most likely, they indicate an issue with the storage on the backup proxy server.

There is a good article by Microsoft about the event 153. Also, there was an article about the event 129.

Thanks
Dra60n
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Simplicjusz Smoczynski

Post by Dra60n »

Thank you for your response.
I forgot to mention that "Disk 4" is not the one of the Veeam proxy disks. This is one of the disks that are hot added to the proxy during backup job. Does it change anything?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Thanks for clarifying.

This makes it a little more complicated. Personally, I'm wondering if these events appear in the event log of the corresponding VM outside of the backup operations. Anyway, since extensive troubleshooting is required I would recommend raising a support case with our engineers. Please, don't forget to post your case ID here in this topic for reference.