Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
unsichtbarre
Service Provider
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: John Borhek

Failed to create processing task - Host with id was not found

Post by unsichtbarre »

Case#05488454
Veeam 11.0.1.1261
Latest vCenter

Last night I did a routine password update for the service account(s) that Veeam uses to access vCenter for inbound replication and immediately all replication failed wit the message:

Failed to create processing task for VM blah_blah_blah Error: Host with id 'dfgsdgsdgfsdgfsdgsdgdafgdsgadgfad' was not found

I verified the username/password is correct, I can rescan the source and target vCenter (issue is target only as this is the only password change) and I can log in to vCenter Client with the username/password.

I even went so far as to apply administrator@sso.tld credentials (the top-level admin in vCenter with ALL rights) and still get the same error.

I have opened a Production Support case as Priority 1, but aside from acknowledging that I opened the case I have no response or assignment at this point - 2 hours later
John Borhek, Solutions Architect
https://vmsources.com
unsichtbarre
Service Provider

Re: Failed to create processing task - Host with id was not found

Post by unsichtbarre »

Bit of an update on this: I changed the password for the service account which Veeam uses to access vCenter and all of the job settings for "Destination" went away!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi John

Thanks for the case number and notify us about this behavior. I see that you are now in contact with the support engineer and that is currently working again. That should definitely not happen.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
unsichtbarre
Service Provider

Post by unsichtbarre »

Fix: I had to re-configure the destination for all replication jobs.

This is absolutely a Veeam Bug, routine password changes are a normal part of the process and there's no reason they should have any affect on (loose configuration) the replication job.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi John,

Most probably you're right, nevertheless I wouldn't jump to conclusions before we get the result of research from our support team and clearly understand the root cause. At first sight, it looks like a glitch at the level of configuration database but not clear so far how it can be related to password change.

Thanks!