Failed to obtain resource availability

VMware specific discussions

Re: Failed to obtain resource availability

Veeam Logoby Daveyd » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:10 pm

My "solution" was to reboot the Proxy that went unavailable in the Veeam console. Once that Proxy became available in Veeam's eyes all the jobs started SLOWLY processing again, which most had been "running" for 15 hours. This makes no sense since I have multiple Proxies and most of the SAN based jobs that only use the Veeam server as a proxy were failing as well. So far Support has really been no help saying that I may need to up the concurrent tasks to the max that the Proxy will take and consider upping the RAM the Proxy that was having issues? Huh?
Daveyd
Expert

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Dave DeLollis

Veeam Logoby foggy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 pm

I recommend escalating the case to investigate the actual reasons of the observed behavior.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1083 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby masonit » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:24 pm

We had the same problem. One of many proxy servers went offline during backup window. Left alot of jobs hanging. Cancelled all jobs and also rebooted vbr server. After that all jobs we tried said: Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability. Even though none of the jobs are using the unavailalbe proxy. When proxy server was online again all jobs started working again..

Case: 01992017

\Masonit
masonit
Service Provider

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Magnus Andersson

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere