Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
admsys
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

feature request : instant recovery - storage snapshot - rescan device storage on esx

Post by admsys »

At the end of instant recovery from a storage snapshot, the device storages on the esx are not updated.
A device rescan action is missing on the esx that performed the restore.
Is it possible to add this action to the restore process ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: feature request : instant recovery - storage snapshot - rescan device storage on esx

Post by foggy »

Unfortunately, it is not clear what you're requesting from your description. Veeam B&R does all the required rescan operations upon restore. Could you please share some screenshots with a step-by-step description of the observed behavior? Thanks!
admsys
Influencer

Re: feature request : instant recovery - storage snapshot - rescan device storage on esx

Post by admsys »

No, we need a device rescan on the esx so that the datastore that was unmounted and detached disappear.
Case #06363025
admsys
Influencer

Post by admsys »

I'll make two print screen tomorrow.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Thanks for the case ID - even though it is in French, I think now I understand the issue. That shouldn't be the case though as Veeam B&R handles such situations but we will try to reproduce to see if there are any corner cases/bugs related to that. Thanks!
admsys
Influencer

Post by admsys »

Ok perfect.
Note : in the case id there was sometimes a misunderstanding, this is not an unmount datastore nas (entire vm), for which I also did a feature request.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yep, I understand this is a different use case.