Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
razorvines
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Vines

Feature Request

Post by razorvines »

I would like to see the ability to create proxy groups to assign to jobs source or destination that way you could change assigned proxies without having to edit every single job that proxy is assigned to. One of my clients has 60+ different replica jobs and it would be much easier to change assignment to a group rather than every job.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request

Post by Dima P. »

Jason,
Thank you for the feedback - we will discuss it with the team!
mbreitba
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Post by mbreitba »

I too would love to see this feature added. I have 6 repositories (4 local, 2 remote) and 15 proxy appliances, all virtualized. Some proxies and repositories live in one VMware cluster, some in another, and another in a second datacenter. Each cluster has 10Gbit internal networking, but only 2-4 1Gbit uplinks. To keep traffic local into the pods gets tedious when selecting multiple proxies, and doesn't allow for failover in case of over-utilization or failure of a proxy VM. I would love to see proxy groups, plus a way to "weight" those proxy groups to allow proxies on a remote system to be used if there is an emergency and resources are not available in the local pod.
RMullis
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Rick Mullis

Post by RMullis »

I would also like to see this feature.

Thanks
mbreitba
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Post by mbreitba »

Also - I'd love to see a "reserved" proxy that is for restores only. It'd be nice to be able to run a restore when all normal proxies are busy processing backup jobs. I know I can set one to disabled, then re-enable it when running a restore, but having one specifically set aside for restores would be handy.