Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
FrenchBlue
Expert
Liked: 19 times

First CDP test issue

Post by FrenchBlue »

Hello,

I'm trying the new CDP feature. I have a test Vcenter with 2 clusters, all in the same VLAN on a 10Gb network. Successfully installed the IO filter on both clusters plus the CDP proxy role on the Veeam VBR VM.

I've created a CDP replica of one small test VM from one cluster to the other one, everything went fine, except that the job is sitting there in "initial sync" status, and not a single byte was transferred since yesterday. No error messages, nothing, it just doesn't really start the initial sync.

Thanks.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: First CDP test issue

Post by wishr »

Hi FrenchBlue,

Since it's a technical issue, please open a support case and post your case ID, as requested when you click "New topic".

Thanks
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue »

OK sorry, well noticed now, however I can only open a case on free products with this account. We are using entreprise licences from IBM cloud so I'm supposed to open a case @ IBM cloud support, which I will do then. Then they will probably open a case @ Veeam themselves, takes time though.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

I could only suggest raising a case, as without logs analysis it's impossible to say what's going on there.
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

Case number is 04717398.
obwielnls
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Bill Owens

Post by obwielnls »

Do report back on this. We did a little testing and had a cdp pair that would make it to 99% and hang there forever. Stopped testing for now because the implementation of the CDP replica wasn't exactly what we were looking for but might revisit.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Can you tell us the ticket number for the issue experienced with CDP? Also, what exactly in CDP implementation did not meet your expectations? Thanks!
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue »

Hello,

Ticket number is supposed to be 04717398, can you confirm? Issue is a certificate error, but I have no idea between what and what, everything else is working fine.

Code: Select all

Error message of the CDP job: "3/23/2021 7:54:08 AM :: VM configuration for the initial sync completed with errors Error: Failed to validate coordinator certificate: I/O filter update may be required.: first occurrence at 3/22/2021 12:01:53 PM, last occurrence at 3/23/2021 7:55:57 AM, 592 retries ".
So, who is this "coordinator"?..

Thanks.
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Hi FrenchBlue,

I believe Vladimir's question was addressed to Obwielnls.

The backup coordinator service is an auxiliary component that controls all operations in the CDP processing chain. It is installed on the backup server. Please, keep working with the support team directly to resolve the issue.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Can you re-run I/O filter wizard again and see whether it makes any difference? Thanks!
FrenchBlue
Expert

Post by FrenchBlue » 1 person likes this post

Thanks veremin for the suggestion, it worked! Although I/O filter was showing up as installed OK, re-running the wizard (after the patching), fixed the issue, my VM is now replicating fine with CDP.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Sometimes re-passing the said wizard allows you to fix sporadic issues. Good to know that it's worked in your case and now everything is replicating smoothly. Thanks!