Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dreeves
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Reeves

General support response question

Post by dreeves »

I'm pretty new to Veeam products. The company I'm at has been using it for years though. I opened a ticket 15 days ago, case #05527010. During that time I've received maybe 3 emails asking very general questions. I've talked with 2 support people, because I called in, not because Veeam reached out. They gathered some general info to give to others. I asked for the case to be escalated last Friday, it finally was late Monday when I called in again.

My question is; is this a normal and standard response from Veeam Support for a level 2 case where all of the CDP jobs (for 100 VMs) are failing and the replicas are incomplete? Just looking to understand what to expect as I continue the journey. Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: General support response question

Post by veremin »

If unsatisfied with the level of support, you can always escalate the ticket using the "Talk to manager" form in the support portal. However, it's just been escalated to Tier 2 for further investigation, so there is no need for manual actions.

The CBT mode might be caused by an unstable network connection which the support engineer will try to verify soon. If the assumption turns incorrect, we will need a new set of logs from you - the ones we currently have are one week old.

Also, the R&D team will follow the case analysis and chime in should additional assistance be needed.

Thanks!
dreeves
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Reeves

Post by dreeves »

Thanks, but is don't believe that I mentioned CBT in my post or the case.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I was not referring to VMWare Changed Block Tracking technology but to CDP CBT mode.

CDP policy switches to CBT mode when a source proxy cannot deliver the traffic stream to the target infrastructure. Instead of sending blocks, it starts creating a changed block map (identifying those blocks that have changed during the period when there has been no connection to the target infrastructure).

Based on the ticket, this seems to be happening in your case. There might be various reasons that caused it: old I/O filter version, throttling rules that decrease available bandwidth, target daemon memory lack, etc.

The new support engineer (that has taken over the case) will provide suggestions on how this can be addressed.

Thanks!