Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Tecbil
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Improvement suggestion: Flexible action task window

Post by Tecbil »

When using remote desktop connection (RDP) with the official Microsoft Android App to the B&R server which is running on Windows 10 in my case, I am just not able to take a closer look into running BackupJob details because its length is cut-off because the android phone's display is just not wide enough to display whole according task window. There is a scroll bar for sideway navigation but it's not possible to scroll fully sideways because the action window is just too wide and the scrollbar can only be moved for a minimum.
To be more clear which window this belongs to, here's a screenshot of it:

The vertical parting line between "status" and "action" is fixed but I guess it would help when it would be flexible so the action window could be moved more to the left.
Or maybe there is another solution for this.

Please note, this is not just cosmetics, it's really essential if you are on the run and only have the possibility to access via smartphone to check the status of a running BackupJob.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Improvement suggestion: Flexible action task window

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Tecbil,
Noted and will run some tests.
/Thanks!
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Improvement suggestion: Flexible action task window

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Update: I think it might be something device-specific. What resolution your phone has and what resolution is set under MS RDP app?

I just ran a few session over from my phone - it can switch between HD+ 1480*720, FHD+ 2220*1080 and WQHD+ 2960*1440 and my Veeam server RDP session was ok in all 3 modes. I have "match device" under MS RDP app session settings. Both in landscape and portrait modes all windows fit just fine.
Last but not least, Job Session window is resizable - drag the corner to reduce it's size.