Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tmoder
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Moder

Installation Error "file not found"

Post by tmoder »

Hi,

we upgraded from B&R 6.5 to 7.0 and the Installation failed with the error "file not found". After multiple Installation attempts I uninstalled V 6.5 deleted the old Veeam SQL database and make a clean install from B&R 7.0. But the same error: "file not found". I downloaded the Installation Image multiple times. Always the same error. The Installation from the same Image in the Headquarter works without Problems.

If I try now to install 6.5 on this Server I got the same error "File not found". I opend a Support Call (ID# 00444767) and send all Logfiles and Hardcopies. Support do a remote maintenance but always the same error.
Nobody from the Veeam Support can tell me which file is missing. The last tip from Support was to install B&R on another Server. But on that location is no other Server. So I have to reinstall the whole Windows 2012 Server.

Server is a Windows 2012 Server with 8 vCPUs, 12 GB RAM and 150 GB Harddisk running virtual on ESXi 5.1.

Any Ideas ?.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Installation Error "file not found"

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Thomas,

This could be related to the components that should be pre-installed on Windows server for proper Veeam B&R installation. In case you decided to do a clean installation - please remove this components as well: Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, reboot your server and install Veeam B&R from scratch (all the components mentioned would be installed by Veeam installer).