Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
AlK
Novice
Liked: never

Instant recovery task failed but listed as running

Post by AlK »

Hi community, :)
After a longer time I noticed that a Instant recovery tasks has failed but it is listed as running. "Stop session" is greyed out.
Do you have any good idea to get rid of that task?
What I've already done:
- reboot
- checked KB1727 - does not apply but why not give it a try ;)
- created a case
- started a new post after searching for similar posts
Any help is very appreciated.
Case #04612629

thx
Al
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Instant recovery task failed but listed as running

Post by veremin »

The debug logs are likely to tell the reason for the experienced issue, so, let's wait for the support team response. Thanks!
AlK
Novice

Post by AlK »

Well, now the support team closed this case with no resolution because it was open for a too long period and there is no free resource to have a look at it. Perhaps it's time to ask for additional help, @veremin
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

AlK, please don't treat these forums as an alternative means of getting technical support. They have the very specific purpose that is explained in details when you click New Topic.

The only way to get help with a technical issue is to work with our customer support. Yes, they always give priority to support cases from paying customers, so it's not guaranteed that you will get a response immediately. Nevertheless, they do process close 30% of all free cases - so you can try to re-open your case periodically, and one day there might be an engineer available to pick one up.

Thanks for understanding!

P.S. Needless to say, you can instead just do a clean install into the new configuration database. No easier ways to get rid of any stuck processes :D
AlK
Novice

Post by AlK »

Hi Anton,
very appreciate your jumping in. This case should not get any priority and paying customers should get the support they paid for.
Starting a thread was based on my hope that someone else already has experienced a similar situation and perhaps there is an easy workaround to get rid of this situation. I was asked to provide a case number. If not, then my thread will not get published. That's what I've understood but I could be wrong.
Now let's present my workaround - looks like it is the same as what you suggested to do as well:
- back up the configuration
- uninstall all Veeam related software - you will see a warning message regarding the erroneous running task - no worries, go-ahead
- install all the components again and select a different database when asked to (just to be sure it was installed into a clean database)
- recover from the config you've saved prior to uninstalling the software
- set the passwords in your account manager for all the managed accounts
-> all jobs and settings are there and the sun is shining :)
Hope this is of help.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Sure, there is no problem in you asking for help and assistance here, but most of the root causes get identified after debug and environment investigation - and this can be only done within existing support ticket.

The workaround you've shared is valid and should definitely help (if not already).

Thanks!