Intermittent "incorrect user name or password" error

VMware specific discussions

Intermittent "incorrect user name or password" error

Veeam Logoby pshute » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Last night's backup of 12 VM's resulted in an error for one server: "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password".

A few minutes after completion, it ran a retry for that server, which succeeded.What could have caused the error? It's obviously nothing to do with the username or password, or the retry wouldn't have worked.

Also, this is the first retry I've seen, and I found the emails I received confusing. After the first attempt, it emailed me the results, which included the error message above. After the successful retry, I received a [Warning] email containing the results of the successful retry with a green header, and below that, the original report with a red header, which confused me into thinking I was just seeing another report that it had failed.

Can I suggest that emailed reports for retries contain "Retry" in the subjects line? If the original report must be included, perhaps include the text "Original report" above it?
pshute
Expert

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

Re: Intermittent "incorrect user name or password" error

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:36 am

Maybe authentication service was not available for some time, thus the error message above. To get more details need to review the corresponding backup job log.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby andyg » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:08 pm

i also get these popup from time to time.. weird...
-= VMCE v9 certified =-
andyg
Service Provider

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Andy Goldschmidt

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:49 am 1 person likes this post

Andy, the next time you see it, can you please submit job logs for our support team to review?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to VMware vSphere