Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cgeorge
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Carol George

issue after upgrade vcenter server 6.0 to 6.7 appliance

Post by cgeorge »

My backup was running fine, but after upgrading from vcenter server 6.0 to appliance 6.7 I receive the following error.
I think it has something to do with the tight security on the appliance, something with the TLS

Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [srvbl-mail01.bl.local]. Account: [bl\svc-bl01-veeam]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [10.75.109.22]. Account: [bl\svc-bl01-veeam]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 '
Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [srvbl-mail01.bl.local]. Account: [bl\svc-bl01-veeam]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [10.75.109.22]. Account: [bl\svc-bl01-veeam]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 '
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: issue after upgrade vcenter server 6.0 to 6.7 appliance

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
assuming you are using the latest Veeam version, it sounds more that it is a (network) configuration error and according to the error message you try to connect to the mailserver instead of vCenter.

For TLS issues, there is a common issue & workaround posted here

For further investigations please contact technical support and post the case number for reference.

Thanks,
Hannes
cgeorge
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Carol George

Post by cgeorge »

But the strange thing is, the backup job worked before the upgrade of my vcenter to the vcenter appliance 6.7??
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

as mentioned earlier: please follow up with our support. They can help with technical issues.