Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Job hangs 'Building VMs list'?

Post by danswartz »

Before I pester the support folks, I'm hoping I missed something. New install of vsphere 6.5. Two windows server 2012R2 VMs (and a handful of linux ones), one of which has a brand-new install of B&R 9.5 (freshly downloaded.) I did a couple of trial backups and it went right off as expected. I then turned on application aware processing for the 2 windows VMs and they failed (apparently I was using the wrong credentials). I fixed the credentials, but when I tried to retry the job, it hangs as stated in the subject line. I've even tried rebooting that server (B&R is installed on one of the 2012R2 VMs), but no change. The most recent attempt has been in 'Building VMs list' for 40 minutes now, with no indication anything is happening. I don't see anything amiss on the vcenter server appliance. Any thoughts welcome...
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Re: Job hangs 'Building VMs list'?

Post by danswartz »

I could only conclude something got corrupted. I uninstalled B&R, downloaded the microsoft SQL console, found the veeam database and deleted it. Rebooted the VM. Reinstalled B&R. All working now. Hmmmm...