Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

License Allocation

Post by pronto »

Servus Community,

we are updating our VMWare host infrastructure and have some irritations regarding the license allocation of our hosts. We have three hosts and have installed a new one and then permanently remove the oldest one. The other two will be reinstalled with new hard drives and current hypervisor version (VMWare) and put back into service with a different IP address. We have a six socket license and end up needing four of them as one of the three is just the target for replications.

I removed the first of the two reinstalled from the inventory with its old IP address and would have expected it to allocate a license again with its new IP address as soon as a job was running that required a license. But it didn't do that, but it did get a license again with its old IP address. He then did the backup without any problems anyway.

How can I correct this?

Thx & Bye Tom
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: License Allocation

Post by Mildur »

Hi Tom

Sounds to me like the Host ID we track has still some leftovers in the database with the old IP address.
I suggest to open a support case and let our support engineers have a look at the database.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software