Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Frosty
Expert
Liked: 43 times
Full Name: Stephen Frost

Memory Leak?

Post by Frosty »

Hi all,

I installed the latest patch to VBR 7 last week. Overnight I got a strange error on my VBR server, Event ID 2019, and a job failed on another server which was trying to write data across the network to a share on my VBR server. I've started investigating the error and there are a lot of potential causes. Most however seem to refer to software/drivers with a memory leak problem:

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid= ... rv&phase=1

The only changes on this VBR server for the past month have been the latest VBR 7 patches being installed. Windows patches are up-to-date as of about 1 month ago. This VM has been rock-solid for 2-3 years until last night.

Is anyone else observing any odd issues since installing VBR 7 and latest patches?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Memory Leak?

Post by veremin »

Hi, Stephen,

Have you had chance to open a ticket with our support team? If not, I encourage you to do so and let them take a look your environment, as some of the changes, apart from latest patch, might have slipped out of your attention (as this usually happens).

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6735 times

Post by Gostev »

It is very easy to pinpoint the offending process process in case of a memory leak. Just fire up the Task Manager, and sort all processes by memory consumption.
Frosty
Expert
Liked: 43 times
Full Name: Stephen Frost

Post by Frosty »

Thanks guys, I'm going to "watch and wait" to see if the issue comes back. If it does I will gather some information on processes and memory usage and then open a ticket if it looks warranted.