Migrate jobs from one SOBR to another SOBR

VMware specific discussions

Migrate jobs from one SOBR to another SOBR

Veeam Logoby electricd7 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Hello,

We have a Scale out backup repository with only a single extent in it. I would like to migrate that extent into another scale out backup repository I already have which has several extents in it. Eventually my plan is to retire the repository completely which is the only member of the first SOBR, so if there is an easier way, I am up for it. My plan was to move the single extent into the other SOBR and then put it into maintenance mode to evacuate its backups, but so far I am unable to do anything with it since it is the only extent in a SOBR. Help.

ED7
electricd7
Expert

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Chad Killion

Re: Migrate jobs from one SOBR to another SOBR

Veeam Logoby electricd7 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Nevermind...I figured it out. Create a new folder on existing extent, move all data to it, add new basic repository pointing to new folder. Remap all jobs from SOBR to new basic repository. Place extent into maintenance mode, delete SOBR. add basic repository to other SOBR, put extent into MM, remove extent, delete repository.
electricd7
Expert

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Chad Killion

Re: Migrate jobs from one SOBR to another SOBR

Veeam Logoby foggy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Chad, yes, you've done everything correctly. You could also simply copy all the data from this extent to another extent in the target SOBR (provided there's an extent with sufficient space), rescan target SOBR and re-map the jobs. This would save you some time on evacuating backups.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1111 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Return to VMware vSphere