I'm quite new to Veeam, we've had Veeam plus Exagrid suggested to us...
I've read about the system requirements and the different servers..I'm confused!!
I see several possible server roles:
1) backup & replication (manages all the backups??)
2) proxy (does the actual backup work??)
3) repository (is this Veeam's word for backup destination??)
4) wan accelerator (for faster replication?? need this with Exagrid??)
5) enterprise manager (I think we don't need, each site just needs one Veeam server, not managing multiple Veeam B&R servers per site)
6) any servers or roles I left out??
What is the minimum # of windows servers required to install with backing up about 25 Windows VMs and 2-3 Linux VMs??
Which roles can be combined within one server and which roles must be on separate servers??
All servers will be virtual Win2k12 r2 guest VMs on vSphere Essentials backing up to NFS storage or an Exagrid or other storage, replication between sites IS planned...
Thank you, Tom