Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mheidrick
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Heidrick

missing network adapter

Post by mheidrick »

I a newbee and just created my first virtual lab and surebackup job. I have a simple LAN with no vlans and basically took the defaults creatingthe lab allow auto DHCP and etc.. I am only bringing up a single vm with the job which it does successfully, but the vm that is created from backup has no network adapter. What am I doing wrong?
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Re: missing network adapter

Post by Cokovic »

Looks like the network mapping of your isolated network isn't correct so Veeam can't add a NIC to your VM. You should review the network mapping of your lab. Did you use Basic or Advanced Network configuration?
mx_michael.preis
Novice
Full Name: Michael Preis

Post by mx_michael.preis »

Maybe you can look at this topic. I had the same error with missing NICs: SureBackup Job VM's flipping to DHCP
gbaya
Novice
Full Name: Gabriel Bayá

[MERGED] SureBackup (Network adapter missing in virtual lab.

Post by gbaya »

Hi,

I define a Virtual Lab in a VMware Host.
I took a Backup of a W2k3 Server and perform a Sure Backup.

Server boots normally in VLab but there is no network adapter in it, VMWare tools not load and heartbeat and ping fails.
Server in production works fine (with its network adapter) and backup of that server was achieved fine too.

Isolated network is mapped right and IP address is static.
Proxy boots right.

I hope this help.
Thanks in advance
Best Regards.

Gabriel.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I've seen a similar case when Virtual Lab was not configured correctly and this was the reason for such behavior. Could you please reach out to our technical support team to verify your Virtual Lab configuration?
msadasivan
Lurker
Full Name: Samenthem murthy sadasivan

[MERGED] Sure back up issue

Post by msadasivan »

HI,

While running the surebackup , the VM network is not available, the VM is published in vNFS without the network adapter.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Please kindly review the topic you've been merged into and contact our technical support for further assistance if needed. Thanks!
morefeo
Novice
Full Name: Manuel

[MERGED] Sure Backup Network Adapter missing

Post by morefeo »

Hi.

We've installed Veeam (v7 with patch4) on a customer, with ESX 5.1 VMware cluster.

We want to try the U-AIR for Active Directory wizard, but the virtual lab is not working well, it does not map the network adapter on the recovered VM.

We've créated the Application Group (only one DC), and the Virtual Lab, with Basic single-host.
When running the SureBackup job it does not map the network adapter to the recovered VM.
We've also tried with Adavanced single-host, manually providing the mapping, but it doesn't work neither.

In our own systems, running ESX 5.5 this works fine doing exactly the same configurations, but in this customer with ESX 5.1 it fails.

I've seen in these fórums that it has happened to other people, but I've seen no solution.

Has anybody managed to solve this?

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Manuel, basically, network mapping works regardless of the ESXi version. It's hard to guess the reason of the observed behavior without having the details of your network topology, so I recommend contacting technical support so they could review your configuration via a short WebEx session.