Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
gjeanniard
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: gael jeanniard

Monitor Replication Job from DR site

Post by gjeanniard »

Hi,

We setup a DR plan on our IT site and we use Veeam for that.
We have configured a standard Veeam replication configuration between one production site and a DR site like explained into best practise veeam docs.
We have a veeam server on each site and Replication Jobs are created on production site.

So when we test our DR process, we are on the DR site with no access to production site which is destroyed.
We have the replicate VMs on the vmware site but I would like to know if is it possible to have the visibility of the replication process which was handle by the production site veeam server. Is it possible to have a veeam replication console available on the DR veeam server in order to view replication last result ?
I didn't find anything about that. It is needed ion order to know in case of DR what was the last state of jobs and the state of datas inside replicas.

I planned to export Job logs form production site by mail or file sharing or to create replication jobs on DR site (this is not the best practise described into veeam docs).

Thanks in advance for your advices.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Monitor Replication Job from DR site

Post by foggy »

You can have remote console installed in the DR site to be able to monitor replication jobs created on the production site, however you will not be able to failover in case production site is actually destroyed. For this purpose, it is recommended to create replication jobs on the DR site backup server. You would need to manually start replica VMs through the vSphere client otherwise.
gjeanniard
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: gael jeanniard

Re: Monitor Replication Job from DR site

Post by gjeanniard »

Thanks for your answer,
I try the remote console and it answer our need for now.
We will try futher to manager replication job from DR and benchmark it.
Thanks for your quick answer.
Regards.