Moving To New Repository

VMware specific discussions

Re: Moving To New Repository

Veeam Logoby chanreasey » Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 am

Hello everybody,

Now I move to other repository is successfully but the problem is when I run job again on the new repository it perform full backup.

Question: After move to the new repository, can I perform incremental backup? How to do this?

Thanks,

Chanreasey
chanreasey
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Sopheap OUCH

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Sopheap, have you mapped your backup job to the backup files in the new repository? Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1120 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby chanreasey » Wed May 16, 2012 4:19 am

Hi,

I do it already but it still can not perform incremental backup. Do you have other solution?

Thanks,
chanreasey
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

If you did everything according to the procedure described on the first page of this thread, then your job should be running an incremental run. There are no known issues around this functionality.

I would suggest opening a support ticket with our technical team so that they could take look at your logs and then guide you through the process of moving backup files to a different repository.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1120 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby chanreasey » Fri May 18, 2012 3:47 am

Hi, Many thanks for your support. After I try to map backup job to the backup files in the new repository,now it is work without an error.

Thanks,
chanreasey
Novice

Veeam Logoby cffit » Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

What and where is the "Map Backup" tool that is referred to in this post?
cffit
Expert

Liked: 33 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Veeam Logoby cffit » Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Nevermind, I see that this is a link under where you select the repository when you edit the job.
cffit
Expert

Liked: 33 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

[MERGED] After moving amd importing repository starts with f

Veeam Logoby babarc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:12 am

Hello,
i move a repository, delete from backup, rescan and then map the job to the new repository. When i'm starting the job (friday) it does a full even if the full is set to another day (sunday). Is it correct? thanks
babarc
Influencer

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:06 am

Have you mapped to the existing backup files while specifying the new repository in the job wizard?
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby babarc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 am

foggy wrote:Have you mapped to the existing backup files while specifying the new repository in the job wizard?

Yes.
If i start manually the job it creates a new .vbk file and change the time to existing vbm file
babarc
Influencer

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am

Then I would suggest contacting support so that they could check whether you were doing everything right and review your logs for possible reasons. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby habibalby » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am

If you've moved the backup files and you rerun the job again and it creates a new full backup instead of continuing to the previous backup configuration, it means the mapping not correct or the CBN along with the vdm files are not moved completely.
Remove backup, move files to anew location, add the new location as repository, scan the new repository, when scan is detected a new backup files will be added, edit the backup job and map the vdm configuration to the new repository location. Start the job and it should continue the backup to the previous backup chain files.

Thanx
habibalby
Expert

Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Hussain Al Sayed

[MERGED] Moving Location of Backup Repository

Veeam Logoby nmace » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Right now, I have a few jobs all writing to a local volume on my Veeam server. That volume is running low on space, I need to move some of the jobs to a new volume. What's the best way to do that? I can update the location in the job properties....will doing that move the existing data? Or is that a manual process I need to do?
nmace
Enthusiast

Liked: 12 times

Re: Moving Location of Backup Repository

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

nmace wrote:Right now, I have a few jobs all writing to a local volume on my Veeam server. That volume is running low on space, I need to move some of the jobs to a new volume. What's the best way to do that? I can update the location in the job properties....will doing that move the existing data? Or is that a manual process I need to do?

In the way I see it, updating location in the job properties will result in nothing but failing of the existing job, due to the fact, that in this case job will be trying to address to previous restore points, without much success, though.

So, in order to simplify your process of moving job to a new repository I give you complete description of time-proved method for doing it.
1)In Veeam B&R User-interface create a new repository on a new volume.
2)In your OS manually copy/paste previous backups from former repository to the new one.
3)In Veeam B&R User-interface right-click on the new repository and choose “Rescan” option.
4)After having done that, go to the properties of the job you want to move, particularly to the “Storage” settings.
5)Change Backup repository to the new one.
6)Click “Map backup” option, open your new repository by clicking “+”, and choose job you’ve already moved (Note, please, that the name of the job, files of which you’re trying to move to a new location, should be revealed. Otherwise, try to rescan new repository again or redo previous actions).

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1002 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

[MERGED] Running Backups offsite

Veeam Logoby Zeon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 am

Hey guys,
I'm just trying to figure out the correct way to seed an offsite backup server. The situation is we have two sites:
- Site A
- Site B

That are 15km from each other on a 100mbps connection. I am trying to backup a 1.8TB VM which takes around 4 days. However every time I try there is a 2minute outage sometime in those 4 days which cuts the backup off. I tried to make a backup on the local VEEAM server, copy to a USB HDD and take it to Site B however I couldn't figure out how to use it to seed a new backup job.

Any tips or is this even possible?
Zeon
Novice

Full Name: Jonathan Spence

PreviousNext

Return to VMware vSphere