Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

[v6] - MS Search Server is not installed ...

Post by jmc »

hello @,

i want to use the veeam backup search server and for that i have installed the ms search server per feature on my windows 2008 enterprise server. the ms search server is allready running (services shows it), but veeam give me a fault that the search server are missing.

what is the problem?

thx
jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: [v6] - MS Search Server is not installed ...

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jeff,

As far as I know there is no such feature on Windows 2008 server, could you please clarify what do you mean by saying this:
jmc wrote: i have installed the ms search server per feature on my windows 2008 enterprise server
On top of that, please note that Microsoft Search Server is not required to search through your backup files. Please review our sticky F.A.Q. topic for more details.

Thanks.
jmc
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: jmc

Post by jmc »

hello vitaly,

i'm so sorry, what i mean is:

- on the backup server windows 2008 r2
- under settings, server manager, add roles
- marked ms search server

- yes i know, that i don't need it. but i want work with the enterprise manager and in this case i need for 1-click restore the search server *or not?*

thx
jeff
Everybody ask why the dinosaurs are gone - nobody ask why they are lived so long
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you post a screenshot as I don't have MS Search Server role available in my Windows Server 2008R2 server manager?

As for the 1-click restore, then Search Server is not required for that, please review our sticky F.A.Q. topic for additional information.