Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dgongora
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

My VM Admin unregister/Register an VM and the MorefID change

Post by dgongora »

Hi,
I have a issue after my SYSAdmin unregister and register the VM in vmware. I got this message now in veeam :
"VMname" is no longer processed by this job. Make sure this change is intentional. I assuming that the MorefID change...
I want that Veeam continue to using the backup chain. The problem is my VM size is 15 TB. So Now is starting a new full.
Is alot of space... I find few article about using vCenter Migration Utility but this is not my case... Im pretty sure I'm not the only one with this case...

Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: My VM Admin unregister/Register an VM and the MorefID change

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi, our support should be able to help you to get this fixed. It will required configuration database edits. Thanks!
dgongora
Influencer

Post by dgongora »

Hi Gostev, basically here the answer of my case # 03771592 : If the repository in question is set up to use Per VM backups, you would be able to manually delete the older restore points for this VM in order to make room for the full backup. In this situation, a new full backup is required.

Not very usefull...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

This is not an acceptable answer, they should be able to update VM IDs in the database.
dgongora
Influencer

Post by dgongora »

@Gostev, So there is workaround possible?
Gostev wrote: Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm Hi, our support should be able to help you to get this fixed. It will required configuration database edits. Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

No need for any workarounds. Make sure your support engineer is clear about what you're requesting them to do, as based on their response there may be a misunderstanding. If not, then just ask for your support case to be escalated (or use Talk to a Manager functionality in the customer portal to do it yourself).