Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
vlabuser
Lurker
Liked: never

New Veeam User - Veaam Availability Suite v8

Post by vlabuser »

Hi All,

I have just downloaded the trial version of veeam availability suite v8. as I understand, this includes:

Veeam Backup and Replication
Veaam ONE (Reporting)
Veaam Backup Mgmt. console ?

Q1: Can I install these components all on one virtual machine to test backup of one vsphere 5.5 update 2 host with vcenter appliance + some windows and linux vms?

Q2: Does veeam uses backup proxy? if Yes, how and where would I install it ?

Basically, if someone could shed some light / information on how to setup veeam in production / test environment and what components are installed where - that will be helpful for me to get a start

Many thanks
Kind regards
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: New Veeam User - Veaam Availability Suite v8

Post by Shestakov »

Hi and welcome to the forums!
A1: Absolutely
A2: Yes it does, default proxy server is deployed by the setup automatically. However, we recommend that you add additional ones for redundancy and load-balancing. This FAQ section can also be helpful. Please get familiar.
vlabuser wrote:Basically, if someone could shed some light / information on how to setup veeam in production / test environment and what components are installed where - that will be helpful for me to get a start
I would suggest to start from the FAQ and User guide.
The forums are also full of interesting topics. If you still have questions, you can ask us. I hope you will enjoy the product!
Thanks!