There is a Veeam B&R 126.96.36.1997 in our branch office and few standalone ESXi hosts licensed with vSphere Enterprise license (don`t ask me why its vShpere Ent without vCenter).
Here are the hosts:
1) 5.0.0 469512
2) 5.5.0 1331820
3) 5.0 3568722 (appeared few days ago)
There are no problems with backups on hosts 1 and 2, but if we try to backup vms on host3 we got an error:
- Code: Select all
21.02.2017 5:01:14 :: Processing site : roads22 (ip_address) Error: NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:5001de0b-9ac72ee3-64bd-3c4a926da7f8,nfchost:ha-host,conn:10.112.35.211]. Storage display name: [datastore1 (2)].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:10.112.35.211,nfchost:ha-host,stg:5001de0b-9ac72ee3-64bd-3c4a926da7f8@roads22/roads22.vmx].
So I`ve tried some things:
1. Check if ports 902 tcp and udp are open on ESXi.
2. Check if ESXi host 3 is added to Veeam B&R by ip address. It is so, but I make the corresponding record in hosts file on veeam proxy (it is a management server also) to be sure, so there is definitely no problems with name resolving.
3. hosts is added to Veeam with root credentials, so there is no problem with permissions (tried to readd it - still no luck with backup).
4. I`ve tried to install vclient on Veeam proxy and to connect to ESXi via the client and to download the vmx file. This experiment was successful.
5. I also tried to rename datastore, so it named "211_DAS" now, and name of vm is listed as "/vmfs/volumes/211_DAS/roads22/roads22.vmx" now.
During the attemt of backing up the vm, there are messages in vSphere client: "manipulate file paths".
Its strange, but I couldnt find anything corresponding "nfc" in vm backup logs.
Im curious, is it possible that Veeam 188.8.131.527 doesnt support ESXi 5.5u3 (3568722)? I couldnt find any compatibility guide. May be we should upgrade our Veeam version?