Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mdmd
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike

NFS Datastore VeeamBackup_(Servername) -u4

Post by mdmd »

Hi,

I've updated my VeeamBackup to update 4 on one of my servers, however now in VSphere ive lost connection to the NFS datastore, and cant find anyway to get it back, if this is intended behaviour thats fine but its throwing up errors in Operations Manager saying a datastore is down.

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: NFS Datastore VeeamBackup_(Servername) -u4

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mike,

Based on the description of your issue, you might have run into the security model change that was introduced in our vPower NFS datastore connection logic. Starting from U4 NFS datastore validates the permissions of the hosts trying to connect to it. By default, access is allowed for the host which provisioned this datastore, however, there is a registry key that reverts the U4 behavior back.

Please contact our support team with a reference to this support ticket 03353102. This would help your engineer to understand what the possible issue is all about, but this needs to be confirmed through the logs first.

Thanks!
mdmd
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike

Re: NFS Datastore VeeamBackup_(Servername) -u4

Post by mdmd »

Will do thanks, Ive ran backups and all seem fine but id rather get it sorted, ill log a support call now.