Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Supraman
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Vinh

Only Issue with Replica and Surebackup

Post by Supraman »

Has anyone come across an error similar to the one below, in regards to using the Veeam replication as the source? I currently do not have any issue using the backup as a source, but whenever I tried to test my replication with surebackup it would failed with the message below.

Now I believe this issue start last when we had a failed ESXI host which we ended up rebuilding and re-adding it into our environment and using the same host name. The first issue we had was with the replication jobs indication it could not failed to local the old host UUID. Now I had a case open with regards to that and the fix was to edit the database and remove the old UUID according to tier 2 support when they finally got back to me; however, I ended up recreating about 70% of my replication jobs instead and since then the job has ran successfully and the support tech did agree that was a valid solution to my issue.

In addition, I was told that the version of Veeam that I have installed 11a should have taken care of this bug, but he was not sure why I am still seeing. Move forward to today, I just started testing our replication via surebackup and that is when I notice the issue below.

Error: Replica VM is located on the host that is not connected to the virtual lab's DVS.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Only Issue with Replica and Surebackup

Post by PetrM »

Hi Vinh,

I'd let the opportunity to troubleshoot the issue to our support team as I doubt we can resolve it over the forum posts. I'd suggest to open a new support request for the error above. In the meantime, you may check that the target ESXI is connected to the DVS which owns port groups of the isolated networks. You may refer to this page for more information about isolated networks on DVS.

Thanks!
Supraman
Enthusiast

Post by Supraman »

Hello Petrm,

In regards to the Target ESXI are you referring to the production host where the replica exist?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Yes, I'm referring to the production ESXi that hosts a replica.

Thanks!
Supraman
Enthusiast

Post by Supraman » 1 person likes this post

Hello Petrm,

It appears the solution to our issue was to recreate the Lab from scratch.