Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ddrrdd
Novice
Liked: never

Oracle Staging server "User Authentication Failed"

Post by ddrrdd »

Hello,

I do not understand why, I am always blocked by "User Authentication Failed" when configuring the staging server for Oracle.
Does the staging server have different requirement than authentication for backup ?
My backup works well, with root login and Oracle detection (inventory, begin / end backup in the VM).

When I want to restore using the same VM or an other VM (iso, oracle version and installation) as staging server, Veeam refused to connect.
But I is already connected in backup plan ??

Does anyone faced the same bug ?

Thanks in advance for your help
David
oXya France
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Oracle Staging server "User Authentication Failed"

Post by foggy »

David, if you've correctly specified the credentials and no limitations apply, please contact technical support for a closer look at your configuration. Thanks.
ddrrdd
Novice
Liked: never

Post by ddrrdd »

After all, I find the solution:
Comment this line /etc/ssh/ssh_config > # PasswordAuthentication yes

Maybe you can ask your developers why do you use different authentication for backup (that work without this tweak) and restore, logon to staging server and "add a server, type Linux" that do not work?
It was not easy to find solution with this strange behaviour.

Maybe backup is compatible with ChallengeResponseAuthentication and the other part of your application support only PasswordAuthentication? http://superuser.com/questions/161609/c ... config-fil
By the way the best solution for Unix secure connexion on many servers is Public/Private Key-based and you should think actively to support it. Especially with the new Veeam Agent for Linux
Best Regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The authentication is in fact similar. Are you positive no firewall/network issue is blocking access to staging server from the computer where Veeam Explorer for Oracle is installed?