Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Query: WAN-X files not updated much

Post by pkelly_sts »

I was having a nose around considering creating another target WAN-X on one of our 2 sites (to allow parallel jobs with less of a performance hit) and was looking at the size of the WAN-X target cache to see how much disk space I'd need to add to the potential new target.

I have 2 target cache folders on this server (can't remember why, but I think because I've previously pointed at least *two* source WAN-X's at this target) will look it up) but I notice that the contents of both of these folders have datestamps of February this year, implying those files haven't been changed since that time?

Does this sound correct? I know we haven't deployed any new VM OS's since that time at least, but I assumed the cache would be updated regularly at least?

It's entirely possible that I simply don't understand how things work fully but I thought I'd ask :)

Actually, if I do decide to create a 2nd target WAN-X at this site (to run two jobs without bogging down I/O too much) then how do i determine which of the 2 target caches I should use to seed the new one, or do I need to copy both anyway?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Query: WAN-X files not updated much

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I have 2 target cache folders on this server
What are the paths and names of those folders?
<...>but I notice that the contents of both of these folders have datestamps of February this year, implying those files haven't been changed since that time?
Could you please double-check that any backup copy jobs are using those WAN-X?

Thanks