Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jluce
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: John Luce

Question on scheduling jobs in Veeam

Post by jluce »

I have a question on scheduling as I haven't been able to figure out how not to lose an hour of coverage in Veeam as of yet. Let me explain. This is a SQL server whose jobs are SQL Log back ups.
- 1:00 am Daily - The first of two automated backup for development team use is performed which is scrubbed and moved into position on the development SQL servers
- 1:30 am Daily - The first Veeam SQL Server SQL log job goes into effect and a Full backup is performed with SQL logs every 30 minutes until 8:00 am
- 8:00 am Daily - The second of two automated backup for development team use is performed which is scrubbed and moved into position on the development SQL servers
- 8:30 am Daily - The second Veeam SQL Server SQL log job goes into effect and a Full backup is performed with SQL logs every 30 minutes until midnight

Is there anyway to not lose the time between midnight and 1:00 am so that SQL logs are continued to be backed up?
jluce
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: John Luce

Re: Question on scheduling jobs in Veeam

Post by jluce »

Call into tech support validated my thought that you can only run one SQL backup log job at a time on a server, and while you can stop the first job from running; the second job is of no use it just is in the way.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Question on scheduling jobs in Veeam

Post by foggy »

Right, SQL logs for the particular VM can be backed up within a single job only. However I do not get the actual issue you're seeing, could you please elaborate a bit? Why not to have a single Veeam B&R backup job with periodic SQL logs backup? In case your automated backups (am I understanding right, you mean SQL Server native backup here?) are doing copy only backup, there should not be any issues.