Remove Veeam to Another Host

VMware specific discussions

Remove Veeam to Another Host

Veeam Logoby nestorius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:44 am

Hi,

I have installed veeam 7 on my host (on virtual machine). I want to totally remove this veeam to another host. Is this possible with same license. Thanks...
nestorius
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: reha gunduz

Re: Remove Veeam to Another Host

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 am

Reha,

It is possible. You can keep all of your settings and jobs also (but some might need to be reconfigured depending on what you use as a repository today)

See here for the information specifically for version 7: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/ ... index.html

Cheers
Mike
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 362 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Veeam Logoby nestorius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 am

Hi;

When I uninstall veeam and reinstall this on my new host and restore from "configuration backup" of my old veeam, is this work and when I indicate my license that I have, to new installed veeam, is there a problem ?

In additional question : I want to install veeam 7 on physical Windows 7 SP1 x64 machine. Am I encounter any resrictions and limitations on operate veeam.

Thanks...
nestorius
Influencer

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:30 am

When I uninstall veeam and reinstall this on my new host and restore from "configuration backup" of my old veeam, is this work and when I indicate my license that I have, to new installed veeam, is there a problem ?

You shouldn't encounter any issues with restoring server configuration or re-installing valid license.

Am I encounter any resrictions and limitations on operate veeam.

No.

I want to install veeam 7

May I ask you - Is there any reason to run a product version that is not supported any longer?
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 970 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby nestorius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 pm

May I ask you - Is there any reason to run a product version that is not supported any longer?

Sure. I have licensed Veeam 7 already and its alright for now.

Thanks for valuable informations.
nestorius
Influencer

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Got it, I'd still suggest updating to the latest product version. It's been almost 3.5 years since the 7.0 was released, you could expect a lot of issues having been fixed and number of major enhancements having been introduced since that moment. Thanks,
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 970 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Return to VMware vSphere