Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
i3uln
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BUHYUN SONG

Replication : Detected an invalid snapshot configuration

Post by i3uln »

Hi,

The case is currently in progress.
But I'm not getting the answer I want.

Replication failed, and when I checked the logs,
Detected an invalid snapshot configuration. (Veeam.Backup.ViSoap.ViServiceFaultException)
That's logs it says.

In the previous situation, the replication metadata was deleted, and the datastore was overcapacity when replication was resumed.
I think the replication was successful BUT datastore was exceeded, but it is not successful.

Additional replication virtual machines is require virtual disk consolidation, so im tried disk consolidation "An error occurred while consolidating disks: The parent virtual disk has been modified since the child was created. The content ID of the parent virtual disk does not match the responding content ID" occurs during the consolidation operation.

The settings for this replication virtual machine are set to Hard disk 1: 0kb, Hard disk 2: 0kb.
It seems that the vmdk file cannot be read.

So wouldn't it be a problem to delete all the snapshots of that replicated virtual machine? Perhaps a problematic snapshot exists.

There's a similar case, but it doesn't seem to have a solution.

Case #05626125
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 520 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Replication : Detected an invalid snapshot configuration

Post by PetrM »

Hello and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

It seems that the issue does not come from our code, especially considering the error which occurs during a manual attempt to consolidate snapshots. As far as I see, the support case was opened yesterday, however, I believe that our engineers simply need to have more time for research. I think it would be best to wait for their reply. In the meantime, you may have a look at this VMware KB.

Thanks!