I've been testing recovery of VMs backed up by Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 (v184.108.40.2063) - recovered VM goes to the same host and same datastore, just with a changed name (and disconnected network). In "Full VM Restore Wizard" I changed the name - it seems that some names can pass the wizard, but cause problems later. Let's assume the original name of VM is "VM-TEST":
VM-TEST -> VM-TEST_restored (using the wizard option) works fine as expected
VM-TEST -> [TEST] VM-TEST pass the wizard and allow launch the recovery. But the recovery ends with a message: Restore job failed Error: Cannot complete the operation because the file or folder [<datastore_name>] [TEST] VM-TEST already exists.
Which is a bit strange - because there was no such a file/directory on the datastore before the recovery began. So I suppose it happens because of "" in the new VM name.
To me it's not an issue - so I did not open Support case (but if local mods think it's a good idea even in this case, I will), because for disaster recovery tests I can use "predefined" names (adding "_restored" suffix) so in the end no problem (probably only alphanumeric characters are expected). Just asking if anyone has an experience with this, as I tried to google the issue, but found nothing.