- Posts: 77
- Liked: 5 times
- Joined: Sep 03, 2020 10:32 am
- Full Name: Wojciech
I need to run scripts before and after backup job on linux server that are placed on Vsphere (Vcenter) because snapshot broke this linux clusters I need to disable cluster monitoring before backup and run it after when snapshot is created. How could i do this? Guest processing is not enabled on this job.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 7097
- Liked: 1881 times
- Joined: May 13, 2017 4:51 pm
- Full Name: Fabian K.
- Location: Switzerland
I see a few options you could try:
- Enable Guest processing and use Pre-Freeze and Post-Thaw Scripts
- Use VmWare Tool scripting with VMware Tools Quiescence in the backup job settings: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud ... AA89D.html
- Schedule the scripts with crontab. For example, run the first script at 10pm, run the backup job at 10:15pm, run the second script at 10:30pm.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests