- Product Manager
- Posts: 18831
- Liked: 1903 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Thanks.Gostev wrote:As with any new release, I highly recommend not to "jump the gun", and test v8 in YOUR environment side by side with the existing v7 install before upgrading. This is not to say that I don't trust the new code (in the end, we had a 7 month long beta program) - but rather keeping in mind that no amount of testing can catch those environment-specific and scenario-specific issues.
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 29081
- Liked: 5352 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
If you are one of those people who upgrade production to a new major Microsoft or VMware release within a week of general availability, then you will find 8.0 "pretty stable" comparing to your typical major software upgrade experience.
I personally am that "old school" type of person who is waiting for at least 1 week even before updating an important app on my phone, at least 1 month before updating phone OS, and practicing "do not install until first Service Pack" rule for any x86 software... I was with the first group before, but 15 years in IT have changed me
- Posts: 82
- Liked: 33 times
- Joined: Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm
- Full Name: Lars Pisanec
So thank the brave souls that upgrade early
- Posts: 47
- Liked: 6 times
- Joined: Mar 06, 2012 11:45 pm
- Full Name: Nicolas Reutemann
But, not always.
I upgrade to v8 because we need the new feature to backup to more than one tape library at the same time on different places.
All I can say now, the backup to disk is working like a charm. I have some issues with the backup to tape and we are working to fix it with the support team.
- Posts: 81
- Liked: 28 times
- Joined: Sep 26, 2013 8:40 am
- Full Name: Alessandro Tinivelli
- Location: Bologna, Italy
I'm in IT since 2000 too, but getting old is not changing me as muchGostev wrote:I was with the first group before, but 15 years in IT have changed me
Out of jokes, as always in IT "it depends". Sometimes there are new features (or important workaround, i.e. for the CBT bug) that give me the "excuse" to do an immediate upgrade.
When there are not, i prefer to wait. It's always a risks/advantages balance.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests