Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Outlaw
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Some speed issue

Post by Outlaw »

Hello

Noticed strange behavior when restoring over the network. First 4 disks restored with biggest speed. No traffic rules. Anybody look the same ?

Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Some speed issue

Post by Mildur »

Hi Outlaw

For full or single disk restore we recommend to use a hot-add proxy instead of NDB. You will get most likely better restore performance. My suggestion: Deploy a Linux or windows proxy on your ESXI host for the restore.

You can also open a case and let our customer support team investigate the bottleneck. Something we cannot do here in the forum. And I don't think another customers restore experience will help you to solve it in your specific environment.
I would start with testing a restore with a hot-add proxy and if that doesn't speed up things, contact our customer support team.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Outlaw
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Post by Outlaw »

Thanx for advice, but its no problem(yet) :)
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe it is "by design" :)
d.artzen
Enthusiast
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Daniel Artzen

Post by d.artzen » 1 person likes this post

I can only agree with Fabian, the best way is indeed Hot-Add. When we were still using NBD the restore speed dropped drastically starting with vsphere 7U2, if I remember correctly. Installing some Linux VMs as Hot-Add Proxies on the hosts solved that nicely and the speed is better as it ever was before.