Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mohkhalifa
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mohamed Abdelaal

Stranger VMs behavior

Post by mohkhalifa »

Dear All,

I have vCSA v8 and there was a power failure led to servers shutdown. After servers boots up again, I found some VMs needs to be consolidated as I found TEMP VEEAM SNAPSHOT from Veeam B&R. The strange thing that I found many hard drives attached to the VMs which is related to another VMs. for example, I have Domain Controller VM and Web Sever VM, The DC VM hard drivers was found in the Web Server and visa versa ?!

Anyone can explain and expect what was the scenarios happened ?

Thank you
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Stranger VMs behavior

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mohamed,

The only thought that comes to me is that some of your VMs were used as HotAdd proxies and disks couldn't be unmounted due to a power outage. May I ask you to create a support case and ask our engineers to check debug logs? Please share case ID for our reference.

Thanks!
mohkhalifa
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mohamed Abdelaal

Post by mohkhalifa »

Dear @PetrM,

Thanks for your reply. This environment is at my HomeLab for some testing propose before production. Till now I can't understand How I can create a backup job for 2 VMs and for any reasons makes the job to fail then it led to add HDD for the a VM which is not related to it !!

Thanks to explain with more information.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Mohamed,

I believe our support team can help you with this technical issue. Please don't forget to paste a support case number over here.

Thanks!