Surebackup and multiple IP nets in one production network

VMware specific discussions

Re: Surebackup and multiple IP nets in one production networ

Veeam Logoby TheMonk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:22 pm

So came across this problem after upgrading to 9.5 and my colleague upgrading our vshpere environment to 6.5. Instantly I figured it was his fault but before outing him publicly I thought id google. Found this topic and I like others can concur that before 9.5 all was working.

Id tried everything and then found JasonRoss' fix and yep its worked. I think hes spot on with regards to it being a design flaw from veeam.

Anyways if you are experiencing this issue then follow what Jason has said and it will resolve
TheMonk
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Veeam Logoby Andreas Neufert » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The original problem was something different.

The Isolated network naming is the same since many versions and yes, you need to change them manually.
Andreas Neufert
Veeam Software

Liked: 382 times
Full Name: @AndyandtheVMs Veeam PM

Veeam Logoby TheMonk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:34 pm

ive never had to change it manually its always changed itself.... looking at my existing VLabs that all worked and now don't they are infact correct.....however as soon as I go to edit the isolated network the one added is no longer there so can only default to the first one. As soon as I re-input the name of the isolated network and click ok the lab sets up and my SB jobs work again as they did in 9.0
TheMonk
Influencer

Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Veeam Logoby foggy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm

In fact, the behavior was indeed changed in v9.5. As mentioned above, adding multiple vNICs with different network settings for a single isolated network was mistakenly allowed in previous versions (in fact such configuration worked in some specific cases only) and was intentionally disabled in v9.5.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1131 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Previous

Return to VMware vSphere