Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
TheMonk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Re: Surebackup and multiple IP nets in one production networ

Post by TheMonk » Mar 13, 2017 1:22 pm

So came across this problem after upgrading to 9.5 and my colleague upgrading our vshpere environment to 6.5. Instantly I figured it was his fault but before outing him publicly I thought id google. Found this topic and I like others can concur that before 9.5 all was working.

Id tried everything and then found JasonRoss' fix and yep its worked. I think hes spot on with regards to it being a design flaw from veeam.

Anyways if you are experiencing this issue then follow what Jason has said and it will resolve

Andreas Neufert
Veeam Software
Liked: 511 times
Full Name: @AndyandtheVMs Veeam PM

Post by Andreas Neufert » Mar 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The original problem was something different.

The Isolated network naming is the same since many versions and yes, you need to change them manually.

TheMonk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Post by TheMonk » Mar 13, 2017 1:34 pm

ive never had to change it manually its always changed itself.... looking at my existing VLabs that all worked and now don't they are infact correct.....however as soon as I go to edit the isolated network the one added is no longer there so can only default to the first one. As soon as I re-input the name of the isolated network and click ok the lab sets up and my SB jobs work again as they did in 9.0

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 1377 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » Mar 15, 2017 3:43 pm

In fact, the behavior was indeed changed in v9.5. As mentioned above, adding multiple vNICs with different network settings for a single isolated network was mistakenly allowed in previous versions (in fact such configuration worked in some specific cases only) and was intentionally disabled in v9.5.

juergen.eisenbarth
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Juergen Eisenbarth

Post by juergen.eisenbarth » Apr 17, 2018 9:43 am

Hello,

the description from Jason works only with different VLAN IDs. With several different ip subnets and one VLAN ID, i can not create a Network mapping, because the Name of production Network in VMWare is the same.

My Workaround is one Virtual Lab for each IP subnet.

Regards
jürgen

jharrell
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by jharrell » May 22, 2018 7:20 pm

JasonRoss wrote:I had this same issue and resolved it. I upgraded from 9 to 9.5, needed to modify a virtual lab, but was getting the error message "vNIC with such isolated Network connected already exists". I tried everything... I still wasn't able to complete the final creation stage with multiple isolated networks. Hope this helps somebody.

It is a simple mistake that I would ALMOST call a design flaw. - From the "Isolated Network" section after you click the Add button for additional networks, the middle "Isolated network" dropbox keeps the same name as the original one. Hence the VLAN ID changing for all of the networks.

Edit the name to match the production network. For example...

Production: xx Network
Isolated network: Virtual Lab xx Network
VLAN ID: xx

After this, assign a vNic for each isolated network with the appropriate network settings. Each masquerade address will need to be unique in the lab.
I owe you a steak. I was stuck on this for a couple of hours. I didn't notice the isolated networks names not being updated when adding the multiple networks and couldn't figure out why I was not able to add multiple vNICS. Thank you sir!

P.S. I would call this a "bug"