- Veeam Software
- Posts: 19781
- Liked: 1827 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
1. Please see above for the replica testing procedure.
2. In case of re-IP, you'd need to adjust your DR network by modyfing DNS entries during a failover, so you can reach the servers with their new addresses.
- Posts: 39
- Liked: 9 times
- Joined: Jun 12, 2012 9:13 am
We replicate a few VM's to our DR site.
We occasionally start these up just to ensure they work, but we never use them in live, as they are for DR, so they start up, we log in and just give a quick sense check then shut them down. What happens in terms of any writes to these machines , or is this not the best way to do this?
- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jun 01, 2017 10:21 pm
- Posts: 1943
- Liked: 247 times
- Joined: Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm
- Full Name: Dmitry Grinev
- Location: St.Petersburg
No worries, all changes you made to replica VM will be discarded during the next job run.
Please review this thread for additional information. Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests