Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Testing Veeam Replication

Post by PTide »

Yes, and it could not ping one of the hosts - this is now resolved and i am no longer getting the NFC error when replicating.
Please check the following:

- If you have "Virtual appliance" transport mode chosen on the problematic proxy (the one that fails to hot-add)
- If you have "Failover to network mode if primary mode fails, or is unavailable" unchecked on the problematic proxy

Also please double-check requirements:

1.The role of a backup proxy must be assigned to a VM.
2.The ESX(i) host on which the backup proxy is deployed must have access to the datastore hosting disks of VMs that you plan to process.
3.The backup server and backup proxy must have the latest version of VMware Tools installed.

If everything holds then please keep working on that with support.
14/10/2015 16:57:21 :: Processing Parking5 Error: Transmission pipeline hanged, aborting process.
Please contact support on that issue.
How well does veeam cope with busy servers & network replication?
Some interruption may occur especially with busy servers. Please see this article and this thread for more info.

Thank you.
samuk
Expert
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam

Post by samuk »

Guys quick question..

all jobs currently configured to run every 30mins.

Job 1

5 vm's in a job, that job takes approx 30 mins to complete. Actual data moved is small, its processing etc taking time.

Job 2

1 VM, job taking 15mins to run -

Job 3

5 vm's in a job, that job takes approx 45 mins to complete. Actual data moved is small, its processing etc taking time.

Job 4

1 VM, job taking 18mins to run

Noticed the more jobs i run the slower all the jobs get.

We are hoping to replicate the servers every 15mins - if i set this on a job and it runs to 14 or 16 mins replication what will happen?

Also i hagev 3 SQL servers to replicate - should i create a job for each server? to be able to replicate more often?

Also any other pointers? on how i should configure the jobs \ vms?

thanks

Sam
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Noticed the more jobs i run the slower all the jobs get.
That's a 100% normal behaviour since the overall load grows when add jobs. The only advice is to reduce the number of simultaneously running jobs - schedule them so they do not run at the same period. Do you have current bottleneck statistics at hand?

Talking about SQL servers backup - you can reduce the performance hit by using transaction logs backup. That would allow you to have a "point-in-time recovery" restore point for you SQL server without taking a snapshot each time. Please refer to this article to see how it works.
samuk
Expert
Liked: never
Full Name: Sam

Post by samuk »

Do you mean veeam stats? will get these over in the morning.

i noticed if i schedule the job for 30mins, they all run at the same time.. at the hour and 30mins past.

We have increased the disk size for one of the VM's already replicated - will there be issues with incremental replication? or should i delete the replica and run the full job again?
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Do you mean veeam stats? will get these over in the morning.
Yes, thank you.
i noticed if i schedule the job for 30mins, they all run at the same time.. at the hour and 30mins past.
What's in your "Schedule" settings?
We have increased the disk size for one of the VM's already replicated - will there be issues with incremental replication? or should i delete the replica and run the full job again?
Please refer to this post.

Thank you.