Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

ToDo after changing Management Interface IP Address

Post by pronto »

Servus Community,

as far as we know, the network traffic regarding backup and replication is handled via the management interface of the VMWare host. For troubleshooting reasons, we would like to configure the management interface for testing into another subnet. What impact will this have on our backup infrastructure and what to do's are necessary to ensure that the host and its virtual machines can be fully accessible again? Is it only necessary to change the host IP address in the backup infrastructure or do we also have to touch all jobs that have this host configured as source? Are licensing problems to be expected?

Thx & Bye Tom
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Re: ToDo after changing Management Interface IP Address

Post by vmtech123 »

I just had to remove a host and re add it to my vSphere environment due to a VMware bug. It was quite neat as ESXI was completely unacceptable, but the VM's were still up.

After removing from inventory and adding, I had to remove and add each VM that was on the host to that job as it treats it as a new machine.
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Re: ToDo after changing Management Interface IP Address

Post by pronto »

Servus,
After removing from inventory and adding, I had to remove and add each VM that was on the host to that job as it treats it as a new machine.
That's what we were afraid of...

But it seems that we have been able to solve the problem in other ways, or at least that is what it looks like at the moment. Maybe we'll get lucky. Thank you for your attention, anyway.

Thx & Bye Tom