Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
tomas.olsen
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tomas Olsen

trouble installing vbr 7.0

Post by tomas.olsen »

Virtual 2012 server. Get this error right after i click install.

Code: Select all

---------------------------Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Setup---------------------------Exception occurred.Info: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.   at VmEMSetup.Dialogs.VmEMDialog_AddConfig.EnumSSLCertificates()   at VmEMSetup.Dialogs.VmEMDialog_AddConfig..ctor(VmDialogEngineParameter dialogEngineParam)   at VmEMSetup.VmEMDialogEngine.Initialize(VmDialogEngineParameter dialogEngineParam, Int32 nProductCount)   at SetupWizard.VmDialogEngineHandler..ctor(VmDialogEngineInfo dialogEngineInfo, Int32 nProductCount, VmWizardController wizardController, VmPropertyManagmentEngine customDialogExecutor, VmInstallHandleProvider installHandleProvider, VmSettingsHandler settingsHandler, VmProductConfigurationHandler cfgHandler, VmConfigurationParser cfgParser)   at SetupWizard.VmWizardEngine..ctor(String strConfigFile, String strSerializeGuid, Boolean& bRunWizard)   at SetupWizard.Program.RunWizard()---------------------------OK  ---------------------------
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: trouble installing vbr 7.0

Post by veremin »

Hi, Tomas, have you already contacted our support team with this issue? Please be aware, the team behind this community is not the one responsible for logs investigation, etc., and cannot assist you effectively with technical issues via forum correspondence.

Thanks.
tomas.olsen
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tomas Olsen

Post by tomas.olsen »

No, I have not created a support ticket yet. I thought I would post this error in this forum to see if anyone else experienced the same problem before contacting support.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Then, I’d strongly recommend doing so, since it’s the fastest and most effective way to address any technical issue. Also, kindly update the topic with the ticket number you get for the convenience of future readers. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

I’ve just talked with the QC team and they said the root cause of this issue is the pre-installed HTTPS certificate that has not a FQDN name but something different specified in the “subject” field. The support team has already created a small utility that is supposed to address this issue by temporarily deleting “problem” certificate, so, it stands to reason either to contact them or to find the said certificate yourself.

Moreover, according to the plan, this bug should be fixed in the next product versions.

Thanks.
TheLittleOne
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

Post by TheLittleOne »

I have the same problem, how can I get this utility?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

By contacting our support.
TheLittleOne
Service Provider

Post by TheLittleOne »

ok thanks
ozgurk
Novice
Full Name: ÖZGÜR KOLUKISA

Post by ozgurk » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

There is no need to contact to the support or use an external tool. Veeam kb mentioned this issue before in:
http://cp.veeam.com/knowledgebase/artic ... ormat/html.

Basically navigate to the installer dvd and go to the enterprise manager folder, then 2-click to backupweb_x64.msi. This will upgrade enterprise manager successfully.

Best Regards