Thought I'd post this here in case anyone else sees similar issues.
I've migrated to a new Vcenter so am editing a replica job to "remove" the VMs from the (now non-existent) old vCenter and simply re-adding the exact same VMs from the new vCenter.
This replication job runs from a backup copy (sitting at the destination site) so the intention is to map to the existing VMs & just let them sort it out.
For the second time doing this I've got to the screen where I should be able to "Detect" mappings (which normally works well) but nothing happens.
So, I laboriously start the process of manually mapping to the replicas but on every VM I get the following popup:
"VM <vm name_replica> is already specified as a mapping target"
But then it goes on to complete the mapping anyway!
I don't even know what log files to extract to log a case on this one but more importantly I can't afford the time to wait right now (i.e. to hold-fire here until support get back to me so they can take a look before I complete the task) but thought it was worth at least mentioning.
[New Sig: PLEASE get GFS tape support for incrementals!!!]